For far too long, ‘fun’ and ‘corporate’ have been seen as polar opposites.
Corporate companies are often perceived as giving off a sense of aloofness. Or, they’re seen as simply having no character at all.
And yes, while of course it is still important that you maintain that sense of professionalism and trustworthiness, it’s key that you do this while also establishing a brand identity, and demonstrating your brand’s personality. Otherwise, how could anyone remember you, and why would anyone choose you?
This is precisely the value that corporate explainer animation videos bring to the table. As their name suggests, corporate explainer animation videos are a type of explainer videos, which use animation and are specifically tailored for the corporate sphere. But, what exactly are animation explainer videos?
Animated explainer videos are videos that use animation to explain complicated topics.The primary purpose of an explainer video is to help a company deliver its intended message to its target audience.Typically, this is a topic that would be difficult to communicate through text or images alone.
Common examples of animated explainer videos include:
● Product or service demonstrations
● Product or service advertisements
● New product or service launches
● ‘About us’ videos
● Sales pitches
● ‘Under the hood’ mechanical animations
● Internal training videos
● Health and safety videos
● Onboarding or new starter videos
● ESG or sustainability impact videos
So, in the context of advertising corporate businesses,animation explainer videos are designed to meet the specific requirements of a corporate environment. As you’d expect, this means a firm focus on keeping the videos on-brand, balancing playfulness and professionalism, and retaining atone of voice that’s in-line with the company’s brand image.
We’ve already stressed that, in order for corporate explainer animation videos to be successful, they need to meet these two key criteria. Engaging your audience and ensuring your message is memorable are critical. Without ticking these two boxes, your video won’t have the desired level of impact, and your message will get lost along the way. So, in your pursuit of creating an engaging and memorable corporate explainer animation video, you’ll need to consider the following:
● Compelling storytelling - does your video have a narrative? Does it feature a plot, fun characters, or an unusual location? Even if it is only lightly done, storytelling gives your video uniqueness, and gives your viewers a reason to keep watching.
● Visual creativity - be bold in your approach. Choose striking colours, intriguing characters and landscapes, and an out-of-the-box animation design.
● Memorable visuals - as part of the creativity of your visuals, you need to make sure that they stand out from the crowd. The best way to do this is by utilising the skills of a professional animator, and collaborating to communicate your brand’s identity and USPs through a new medium.
● Memorable characters - characters are a cornerstone of an engaging video. They bring the animation energy, personality and warmth, as well as an immediate hook for the viewer. So, work with your animator to devise a new character, and so bring your brand to life in a whole new way.
● Clear and concise messaging - alongside the importance of being playful, it’s critical that you balance this with a precise script, which is immediately understandable. Ensure that the entire team knows exactly what your video’s message is. Then, at every stage, continue checking that this messaging remains clear and concise.
● Engaging voiceover - it’s hard to know just how much of an impact the voiceover has, until you have to watch a video with a dull one.
● Humour and entertainment - just because your video is corporate, that doesn’t mean you can’t bring elements of humour in. After all, if your video isn’t entertaining, why would anyone watch it through to the end?
● Relevant and relatable content - the ‘corporate’ quality can often leave audiences feeling alienated and disinterested in big companies, assuming that their messaging will hold no relevance to them personally. The best corporate explainer animation videos combat this directly, with a storyline that immediately resonates with viewers.
● Sound effects and music - to ensure your video feels sleek, engaging and of a professional quality, use sound effects and music to provide the final touches.
● Call to action - clear signposting will ensure that your message does not get missed. With a bold, succinct CTA as the conclusion, your viewers will know exactly what they can take away from the video.
So, the question that you might still be asking is, ‘Why can’t we just write it down, and communicate the message that way? After all, it’d be a lot cheaper, and take a lot less time. But, corporate explainer animation videos offer a whole host of big benefits, which text-based and image-based content simply cannot compete with. A corporate explainer animation video can support the messaging of a corporate business in a number of key ways. These include:
● Delivering your messaging with the highest degree of clarity
● Using visual representation to further enhance your message and engage your audience
● Deploying storytelling to maximise the impact of the messaging
● Differentiating yourself from your competitors
● Using storytelling and characters to evoke an emotional response from your audience
● Boosting your brand identity with characterful, personable content
● Using originality and creativity to make your message memorable
● Keeping your content accessible for all viewers
● Fostering your content’s ‘shareability’ online, to maximise its outreach
● Creating content with inherent versatility, which can be featured across all of your digital channels
OK Social is a specialist animation explainer video company. Our team consists of highly skilled animators, voiceover artists, scriptwriters, illustrators and sound experts, all of whom are renowned for their bold approach and signature creativity.
We work on a close one-to-one basis with all of our clients, to ensure their new content is striking and will completely differentiate themselves within their market, while also remaining firmly on-brand.
It’s for these reasons why we have been trusted to create animations for some of the biggest brands in the UK. Our previous clients include the likes of the BBC, Coca-Cola, Harper Collins and Ford, just to name a handful.
So, if you would like to find out more about our animation explainer video services, or learn what impact a corporate explainer animation video could have for your brand, get in touch with our team today.